Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Digital vs. traditional

I've been experimenting with different techniques for my illustrations and decided to create a digital version of my Sleeping Beauty painting, using Adobe Illustrator. They have both turned out so different, I'm not sure which one I prefer! Time wise, the digital one took me a few hours, whereas the painting took several weeks! Also, the "undo" button would be very handy if it could be applied to a painting as well as computers...

Sleeping Beauty in digital - Adobe Illustrator

Sleeping Beauty in acrylic on canvas

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a tough one - I opened this thinking that hands down it would be the painted version as I always love brush strokes, but I really love the illustrator version - I am so surprised that it is digital actually - it is amazing the effects you can have using Adobe programs. I am stuck and can't make a decisino. Sorry! I think if it is illustrations that you need to produce reasonably quickly then illustrator is the way to go but if it is to hang on a wall, then canvas definitely. The thing that strikes me about the digital version is the transparency you have achieved through the hair etc. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post I believe has a very high value of information that I really need the most. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post I will recommend this post to any to web design hamilton

    ReplyDelete